Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reentry Post 5 Poor Miss Pinky

Friend Mark christened my iphone Miss Pinky after hearing that she has a shocking pink cover, and I think it was a good choice, so Miss Pinky she is.  Just so you know, if I had had to go through any sort of  adequacy test before being allowed to bring her home, she would still be in theAT&T store.  Of course, I didn't have to pass an adequacy test to bring home the baby David, either, which is probably a good thing, since I hardly knew which end to diaper.

 Since apps were what I craved, I sat down last night to order some free ones.  I don't know how it happened, I swear I don't, but somehow I downloaded an app that would have made Miss Pinky blush if she had been able.  It certainly horrified me.  Suppose I got hit by a truck before I found out how to get that thing off my phone.  What would people think of Mema Williams?  Who knew such things could be downloaded to a phone on purpose, much less by accident?  Who would want such things on their phones, anyway?  Who tends to over react?  That would be me.

I sent off an SOS to David and woke this morning to find the answer to my problem.  I had to hold down the nasty icon until it began to wobble and an X appeared. Then I touched the X and agreed that I did indeed want to delete the app.  What a relief!  I had thought I might have to wash Miss Pinky in clorox water or something.   Next time I let my fingers do the walking, I will try to be sure I know where they stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment